Uterus Cancer Symptoms
- Vaginal bleeding or spotting and thin white vaginal discharges that show after menopause.
- Abnormal vaginal discharges that can start as watery flows that are streaked with blood and slowly contains more blood.
- Abnormal menstrual cycles or bleeding in between normal cycles that are characterized by long and heavy bleeding. These symptoms are common in premenopausal women.
- Anemia. This is caused by constant blood loss and may occur when symptoms such as abnormal bleeding are ignored.
- Difficulties and pain while emptying the bladder or when urinating.
- Mild to severe pain during sexual intercourse.
- Pain in the pelvic region which can turn severe over time.
- Changes in shape and size and formation of lumps in the vagina, uterus, and tissues that are located within the area.
- Tumors in the uterus.
Uterus Cancer Causes
Causative factors are usually hard to determine, but there are risk factors that can bring about the condition. These factors include the following:
- Endometrial hyperplasia or abnormal increase of the endometrium which is brought about by the extensive overgrowth of cells that are found in the uterine lining. This is the main factor why patients with the condition experience abnormal bleeding.
- Obesity. Female patients that are obese have high risks in developing the condition.
- Female patients that have never had any children, did not have their first menstrual cycle before the age of twelve, and underwent menopausal after the age of 55 have greater risks in having the condition.
- Those patients that have a long history in taking estrogen without any progesterone as a form of menopausal treatment.
- Those patients that have a history of taking tamoxifen or a kind of drug that prevents and treats breast cancer.
- Patients that had radiation therapy in the pelvic region.
- Those patients that have a relative with uterine cancer also have an increased risk in having one. Also, those that have inherited Lynch syndrome are also at risk.
- Those patients that suffer from diabetes, hypertension, polycystic ovarian syndrome, and consume alcoholic beverages in a daily basis.
Uterus Cancer Natural Remedies
Natural remedies for the condition are considered as supplements that can be given on top of medical procedures to enhance healing. These usually involve taking in the right kind of nutrition.
- Low-fat diet.
- Add fish and flaxseed oil in regular diet. These contain good amounts of omega-3 fatty acids which decreases stimulation of the tumor done by the hormone estrogen.
- Eat lots of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains and foods that are rich in fiber. These can help detoxify the body of certain carcinogens and also disrupts the production of cancer cells.
- Fermented soy.
- Dietary supplements like those that contain vitamin A, carotenoids, vitamin C, ginseng, melatonin, selenium, allicin, and calcium. Allicin is the major ingredient that is found in freshly crushed garlic.