Wrinkles are fine creases that appear on the skin. Aging is the most common cause of wrinkle formation. Your habit of creasing the skin on the forehead, sleeping position and sun exposure speeds up appearance of wrinkles.
We cannot prevent wrinkle formation totally but we can take measures to lessen the formation of new wrinkles or reduce their effect on our appearance.
What Causes Deep Wrinkles On Forehead?
- Aging plays an important role in the formation of wrinkles. Intrinsic aging process may start as early as twenty years of age. This will lead to decreased formation of elastin and collagen in the skin.
- Dry and thin skin is more likely to develop wrinkles.
- Our facial expression also plays a vital role in developing wrinkles. Some people have a tendency to frown. Such people may develop lines and wrinkles on forehead.
- People who sleep with their face pressed down on pillow may develop wrinkles due to pressure over a period of years. People who sleep on their back are less likely to develop wrinkles on forehead.
- Heavy smoking continuously for ten years can lead to wrinkle formation. Smoking enhances the aging process.
- Long exposure to sun rays will lead to wrinkle formation over a period of time.
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Forehead Wrinkles
- Avoid going in the sun as far as possible. Apply a moisturizer followed by a sunscreen lotion before stepping out in the sun.
- Wear sunglasses to protect your eyes when you go out in the sun.
- Drink eight to ten glasses of water every day to remain well hydrated.
- Consume a healthy diet rich in Omega-3 fatty acids like walnuts and salmon.
- Avoid frowning. Keep your facial expressions pleasant as much as possible.
- Botox injections are given to reduce wrinkles. Consult your dermatologist before taking any treatment.
- Use chemical peels to reduce wrinkles. Consult a doctor before using any chemical peels.
- Application of face packs will tighten the skin and reduce wrinkles on the forehead.
- Boil water in a pan. Now hold your face over the pan and steam your face for five minutes. Clean the face with a tissue and wash the face with warm water. Apply an egg white on the face and wash it when it dries. This tightens the skin. Rub an ice cube over your face. Apply a toner to the face. This improves the blood circulation and appearance of the skin.
- Apply cucumber juice on the forehead. This also helps to reduce fine lines on forehead.
- Apply lemon juice on wrinkles of the forehead. Wrinkles will reduce gradually.
- Massage the forehead with castor oil. This will fade deep wrinkles over a period of time.