‘Do not frown or else you will stay in that way’ this is what happens when wrinkle appear on your face as a result of emotional expressions. Often a symbol of wisdom, very few will like to have wrinkles on face due to cosmetic reasons, especially women. Wrinkles are creases and folds appearing on the skin when your skin becomes lax and saggy. They are first to appear on face and later on neck and hands.
Your skin becomes lax as saggy when the connective tissue which maintains and skin elasticity becomes weak.
However there are many ways by which you can delay the process. Wrinkles appear in two forms, fine lines and deep furrows. Fine lines on face can be easily diminished, but for deeper groves some aggressive procedures are necessary such as plastic surgery.
What Causes Wrinkles On The Face?
As we age, the ability of our skin to protect itself from harmful elements of environment reduces. It becomes thinner and drier. It loses its smoothness and elasticity. All these factors attribute for formation of wrinkles and lines on the face. Here are some of the causes which give rise to wrinkles.
- Genetic factor: researchers attribute premature wrinkles of face due to genetic factor. If your parents had early wrinkles on face, there are all chances that you may be having the same.
- Smoking: smoking is known to accelerate aging. Smoking increases the numbers of free radicals which are the main culprits for damaging the skin cells and cause wrinkle on face.
- Overexposure to sunlight for months and years causes damage to the skin cells. It also increases the free radicals in the body.
- Fair skin: people having fair skin are more vulnerable to wrinkles on face early in life. This is also the result of damaging effect of sunlight on light skinned people.
- Frequent contraction of facial muscles: smiling, frowning, squinting of eye etc are some of the factors that can cause wrinkle on forehead and on the face.
- Frequent weight loss and weight gain can make your skin loose and lax. Face wrinkles are often a common problem among people who lose weight.
- Deficiency of certain vitamins is known to accelerate the aging process and wrinkle on face. Vitamin E is known to cause such changes.
- Certain jobs: people who work constantly under sun, such as sailors, fisherman, gardeners etc are known to have early wrinkles on their face.
Home Remedies For Wrinkles And Fine Lines
- Egg white: apply egg white on your face or wherever the wrinkles are. Egg white is rich in several vitamins. It nourishes and strengthens the connective tissue of the skin. After applying it you will feel your skin has become tight. Following this regularly three times in a week on wrinkles of face will help the skin to become elastic and smooth.
- Vitamin E: cut 2 vitamin E capsules. Now pour its content in a teaspoonful of coconut oil or castor oil. Apply it on the face in gentle circular motion.
- Yogurt: Apply yogurt on your face half hour before you take bath. You can add one to two teaspoons of honey to yogurt. It is the easiest anti wrinkle natural treatment.
- Papaya: Rub pulp of ripe papaya on your face regularly to diminish facial wrinkles.
- Almond oil: gentle massage of face with almond oil at night before retiring to bed helps to tone the facial skin and improve it elasticity and smoothness. Regular application will help to get rid of wrinkle on face to great extent.