There are a host of factors that affect the formation of wrinkles on the eyebrows which include genetics, exposure to sunlight, aging, environmental factors, etc. These factors cause the skin to lose its elasticity which in turn results in formation of wrinkles between eyebrows.
Wrinkles are formed due to breakdown of elastin and collagen fibers within the skin tissue, which results in formation of gaps and fissures within the skin. The skin between the eyebrows is considered to be very prone to formation of wrinkles. However there are several simple home remedies and natural treatment options available to manage wrinkles between eyebrows.
The eyebrows are surrounded by six muscles, which are responsible for the eyebrow movements and also responsible for formation of wrinkles. Wrinkles are usually formed along the placement of the muscle fibers and become deep every time a facial expression is made. Frowning or furrowing causes deep lines within the eyebrows. There are two different types of wrinkles between the eyebrows,
- Glabellar type, which are vertical lines between the eyebrows which are caused by muscles located between the eyebrows which are primarily the corrugators. These wrinkles are observed more frequently with expressions like anger.
- Horizontal type of wrinkles is formed across the eyebrows which are caused due to the contraction of the frontalis muscle.
How To Get Rid Of Wrinkles Between Eyebrows?
Here are some tips that can be beneficial in getting rid of wrinkles between the eyebrows,
- Avoid stress and negative emotions like anger or sadness. Moreover avoid expressions like frowning in order to prevent formation of wrinkles on the forehead.
- Use sunscreen lotion or wear protective gears to protect yourself when you are outdoors. The ultraviolet rays tend to damage the collagen fiber which in turn results in the formation of wrinkles.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals and soaps on the facial skin. When you wash your skin frequently, it tends to become dry, which in turn increases the risk of early onset of wrinkles on the face.
- Ensure that you remain well hydrated at all times. Hydration in important to maintain the elasticity of the skin.
- Scrub your skin regularly. A healthy exfoliation regimen is important to keep the skin looking young and healthy. Exfoliation helps remove the dead skin and rejuvenates and promotes the growth of collagen fiber in the skin.
- Local application of vitamin E oil is considered to be very beneficial. Vitamin E helps strengthen the collagen fiber in the skin which in turn helps reduce the formation of wrinkles between the eyebrows.
- Local application of almond oil is also considered equally beneficial.
Botox For Wrinkles Between Eyebrows
In recent times, Botox has evolved as a good alternative to manage wrinkles on the forehead, especially between the eyebrows. Botox injection comprises of type A botulism toxin, which results in temporary paralysis of the muscles located between the eyebrows. This paralysis makes the muscle relax which in turn prevent the formation of the nasty furrows between the eyebrows.
Botox procedure is very simple and rarely associated with any side-effects. The action of the Botox injection can last from four to six months.
It is always recommended to try out home based options for the management of wrinkles on the eyebrows, before attempting to try Botox treatment.