The golden glow on your hands, legs and face has definitely convinced your friends that you have spent a pricey vacation somewhere on a beach resort. However, once you are back on your routine, you may like to get back to your normal complexion from a tanned skin. If it is so, there are many home remedies and natural ways that can help your skin to return to its original color.
There are also ways that can help to remove fake tans. Tanning done with special tanning sprays and lotions, without being in natural sunlight is termed as fake tanning.
It is common for the hands and the legs to become darker than most of the body parts, this is because they are overexposed to sun rays in daily life. It may be unappealing if only the hands and legs are tanned, leaving rest of the body in lighter shade. The best way is to avoid getting tanned in the first place, by taking preventive measures.
How To Get Rid Of Tan On Your Hands And Legs?
But do not worry; even if it is too late, here are some of the remedies that can give an even complexion with a glowing skin.
- Potato: One of the natural remedy to remove tan from the hands and legs is use of peeled potato skin. Simply rub the peeled skin of potato on the tanned area of hands and legs as a daily routine. You can also apply raw potato juice instead of peeled skin.
- A paste made from turmeric powder, curd and gram flour is effective in changing the darker complexion after tanning. Mix a pinch of turmeric powder with two teaspoon of curd and two teaspoon of gram flour. Add one to two teaspoon of water and prepare a paste.
- Lime juice is a natural beach. Prepare a mixture of lime juice with a pinch of turmeric powder perfectly dissolved in it. Apply it on the darkened hands and legs.
- Daily bathing is also an important skin care regimen as the dead skin cells are washed out after bathing and the new skin cells grow fast.
Natural Ways To Remove Sun Tan From Hands
It’s time we go natural and for that you don’t need to shell out big bucks. Go back to your closet and you will find many useful things to apply on your hand.
- Raw milk: Apply milk on the tanned area of your hand regularly. You should apply it half hour before bathing. Slowly but surely, after few days the tanned skin surface of hands will fade out.
- Aloe vera gel: Apply aloe vera gel on your hands at least two to three times in a day.
- A popular natural remedy for removing tanning is the use of sunflower oil, lemon juice and sugar. Mix all the products equally to make a smooth paste. Apply the paste on your hands and let it remain for 30 minutes before you rinse it off with cold water.
- Make fine powder of dried orange peels. Now mix it in a cup of yogurt. Apply the prepared mixture on the hands and rub it gently with your hands. Let it remain for 10 to 20 minutes, after which you wash your hands with normal tap water. Pat the skin dry with a clean towel.
Home Remedies To Remove Tan Instantly
It is very difficult to remove tan instantly and there is no magic wand to do it at home. However, applying certain products which are there in your closet can certainly fade the dark skin tan and make the skin look supple and smooth.
- Prepare a salt scrub by mixing ½ teaspoon of salt, ½ teaspoon of soda bicarbonate, and ½ cup of mashed papaya. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl to make a scrub. Apply it on the hands and keep it for 10 to 15 minutes. Wash your hands with cool water. Salt helps to exfoliate the dead skin cells, while papaya will make the skin look smooth.
- Apply tomato juice on the darkened skin and keep it for 10 to 15 minutes. Wash your hands with tap water.
- A paste prepared from powdered oatmeal and potato juice and lime juice speeds the removal of tan from hands, even if not instantly but definitely fast.