Dark spots or melasma can be found on the face. These dark spots are often caused by prolonged exposure to the sun. These spots can be unsightly, especially when found in many areas of the face and are much darker than the rest of the face.
- Prolonged exposure to the sun’s rays can actually make a person age much faster. Also, this can cause certain skin problems such as hyperpigmentation. This, in turn, causes dark spots to appear on certain areas of the body, especially the face.
- Now, dark spots are more commonly found in older adults than in the younger generations.
Dark Spots on Face Removal
- These dark spots are rather unsightly so that many people who have them would want to get rid of them in one way or another.
- Now, laser removal and various cosmetic operations are very effective in removing these dark spots, especially skin resurfacing. However, these procedures are very costly and, often, not covered by medical insurance.
- Thus, the patient must either have to save a lot of money for the spots to be removed quickly or try home remedies that could offer a slow cure. Still, slowly but surely, home remedies help erase the dark spots so that the skin will once again become flawless after months of use.
Home Remedies to Cure Melasma or Facial Spots
The following are some of the popular and effective home remedies to cure dark spots:
- Apple cider vinegar
- Lemon juice
- Organic yogurt
- Aloe vera
- Castor oil
- Horseradish root
- Combination of sour milk and honey
- Combination of sour cream, yogurt, and oatmeal
- Eating food rich in Vitamin E, including pineapples and papaya
What Cause Spots on Face
- The dark spots are mainly caused by prolonged exposure to the sun.
- Hormonal changes can also cause these dark spots to appear. Thus, pregnant women as well as those who are using birth control pills (hormone therapy) are prone to developing dark spots. Because women tend to have hormonal problems, they are more prone to having dark spots, too.