Acne is not only a common teenage problem, but also a problem faced by people in their twenties and thirties. The unsightly appearance of red tiny bumps on the face is most often due to acne. The leftover deep acne scars are uglier and everyone who has it wants to get rid of them as early as possible.
To get rid of acne scar is very difficult task since every time you get acne, you have to treat the unwanted scars as well. Red acne scars generally develop when a person has habit of picking at acne.
Acne scars even if they are not dangerous have significant impact on a person’s personality and cosmetic appearance. Fortunately there are several treatment options for treating acne scars. Skin dermabrasion, laser, collagen injection are few of the treatments which many skin specialists advise. However they all are expensive and everyone may not be able to afford it.
Besides these treatments are time consuming as you have to visit your doctor many times. You have to take an appointment in advance. Contrary to this, there are several herbal and home remedies that are found to be equivalently effective in getting rid of red acne scars. Regular cleaning, moisturizing and toning of the facial skin are important for treating acne.
Natural Remedies For Acne Scars And Redness
Here are few herbal and natural remedies for treating red acne scars:
- Olive oil: it is a time tested remedy for treating acne scars. Olive oil is a natural hydrating agent for the skin. Applying or rubbing the oil on acne scars three times in a week is useful in fading the scars after a period of time.
- Baking soda: it is considered to be a boon for removing acne scars for people who seek natural treatment. Mix 2 tsp of baking soda in small amount of water. Mix till it forms a smooth paste and apply it over acne scars. Now with your finger tips gently massage the area for some time. After some time, wash your face with tepid water. Baking soda is useful for treating acne as well as its scars.
- Lemon juice: lemon juice is made up of citric acid; it is helpful in accelerating the growth of skin cells. It removes the old skin layer and makes the way for new skin to grow. Lemon juice is highly efficacious when without dilution of water or other ingredient. Apply lemon juice on acne scars and allow it to dry. After some time wipe the area with clean cloth or wash your face with plain and cool water.
- Vitamin E oil: it nourishes the skin and reduces the redness and inflammation. Massage the skin with vitamin E oil on the acne scars regularly. The acne scars are known to heal quickly after the regular use of vitamin E oil.
- Sandalwood mask: prepare a paste with mixing rose water and sandalwood powder. Apply it all over the face as a mask. You can also apply the paste on the acne scar. Sandalwood paste is soothing for the red acne scars.
- Ice: rubbing ice on acne scars shrinks the size of pores and soothes the skin.
- Egg white: many people have found healing of acne scars by dabbing egg white on the scars and keeping it overnight before washing in the morning.
- The juice of cucumber and tomato when applied on red acne scars are found to be effective.