Rash around mouth is a common disease that can appear for no apparent reason. It happens all of a sudden and may shock the person to no end. It appears like dot sized lumps and may cause a change in the texture, look, and color of your skin. Though painless, it may cause sufficient irritation, because of which the patient may experience swelling around the face. It afflicts people of any age, or gender, and usually lasts for a short time.
What Causes Rash Around Mouth?
People contract rash around mouth for different reasons.
- Eczema: This is a skin problem that can cause both irritation and inflammation around your mouth. People get afflicted with this disease when they are exposed to harsh chemicals etc. or even due to weather extremities.
- Perioral dermatitis: This skin problem is marked by small red bumps around patient’s mouth. When the affliction aggravates, it spreads to the chin, upper lip, and cheeks. People who have an oily face, especially caused by prolonged use of certain lotions and creams, stand the risk of contracting this disease.
- Hives: It is a skin problem caused by an allergic reaction to some specific medication or food. Hives can also be triggered by extreme stress.
- Contact dermatitis: This is another skin problem similar to Perioral dermatitis. It is triggered by make up that is harsh on your skin. It appears as red colored itchy inflammations and can be very painful at times.
Children tend to develop rash around mouth because of the excessive drooling, pacifiers, bacterial infection, rubbing faces constantly along clothes or certain mouth disease.
Rash around mouth has a few distinct symptoms. They are marked by the appearance of several small red dots. If the affliction is severe the dots may proliferate in short time.
Home Remedies To Cure A Rash Around Your Mouth
Home remedies can help cure rash around mouth completely. The most effective home remedy is Vitamin B complex. It is commonly found in legumes, whole grains, potatoes etc. and can help clear up the rash in a few days. Consuming multivitamin supplements and copious water can also be pretty helpful.
- You can apply clarified butter around the mouth to cure the rash. Similarly coconut oil is well-known for its anti-fungal and antibacterial properties and can cure the infection if applied regularly.
- A yet another effective remedy is a lotion made of crushed Vitamin C tablets and water. When you apply this lotion regularly to the rash it can rid you of the itching and swelling in a week’s time.
- Sometimes people contract rash around the mouth as an allergic reaction to toothpaste. Tartar control toothpastes in particular contain certain compounds that can trigger such a reaction.
- Those whose skins are sensitive to cosmetic products should refrain from using them.
- Using humidifier at homes to moisturize the air can also be pretty helpful.