Pimples or acne are caused due to obstruction of sebaceous glands which produce sebum to keep the skin healthy. Obstruction of these sebaceous glands by dirt, dead skin tissue or bacteria can result in accumulation of sebum within the gland, eventually resulting in pimples.
There are several other factors like use of chemical soaps, cosmetics and shampoos, which may also contribute to formation of pimples on the forehead. This article provides information about how to get rid of pimples on forehead and prevent a recurrence.
The T zone on the face, comprising of the forehead and the nose are considered to contain sebaceous glands which produce maximum amount of oil.
Further, use of chemical products and cosmetic material can also result in acne and pimples on the forehead. Keeping makeup for longer than a day can also increase the risk of formation of pimples on the forehead.
What Causes Pimples On Forehead?
Pimples are formed due to obstruction of sebaceous glands, which produce sebum, meant to keep the skin healthy and moist. However obstruction of the outlet of these glands can result in accumulation of sebum within the gland, causing them to enlarge and making them prone to infection. This results in formation of pimples and acne. There are certain risk factors associated with formation of pimples which include,
- Excessive exposure to sun and dirt can increase the risk of formation of pimples. Exposure to dirt coupled with poor hygiene can aggravate the condition.
- Using cosmetic products containing chemicals is considered to increase the risk of formation of pimples. Natural products are relatively safer then synthetic products.
- Frequently washing the face with soap can make the skin dry, which in turn can trigger more production of sebum. This in turn can increase risk of formation of pimples.
- Hormonal changes especially during adolescence or during menstrual periods can also lead to formation of pimples on the forehead.
- After the second trimester of pregnancy, women may complain of formation of acne or pimples on the forehead, primarily due to hormonal and bodily changes.
How To Get Rid Of Forehead Acne Naturally?
Here are some simple tips that can help you get rid of pimples on forehead naturally,
- Ensure a healthy diet and consume fresh fruits, fresh vegetables. Avoid dairy products, meat, oil and transfats. These foods may interfere with normal metabolism within the body and thereby increase the risk of formation of pimples.
- Local application of tea tree oil is very beneficial in management of acne and pimples. Tea tree oil has strong anti-bacterial properties which can help in treatment of pimples and acne.
- Turmeric is also loaded with strong antimicrobial agents and local application of turmeric powder on pimples is also very useful.
- Remove excess of oil on the forehead and nose using a cotton ball dipped in alcohol free toner. Splash cold water on your face frequently, about once in a couple of hours, to help remove the excess of oil and dirt on the face.