Acne or pimples are formed due to obstruction of the sebaceous glands located on the skin. Pimples or acne is associated with infection of the skin and are painful spots on the skin of the back of the neck. Excessive sweat and poor hygiene are considered to be the key contributing factors. This article provides information about pimple on back of neck and tips on how to get rid of them.
The skin is made up several sebaceous glands, which are located at the base of the hair follicles and produce sebum or natural oil that keeps the skin healthy.
While in most cases pimples may be a cause of concern due to their unsightly appearance; however some pimples may be associated with severe pain and itching. Further pimples in the back of the neck are associated with higher risk of spreading to the face and the back.
How To Get Rid Of Pimple On Back Of Neck?
Here are some useful tips to get rid of pimples on the back of neck,
- Take a shower regularly and try to wash the back of the neck. Accumulation of dirt and sweat can result in higher risk of developing pimples.
- Keep your hair short or put them up. Long hair often result in a hot and sweaty back of neck, which is ideal for bacterial growth and increase the risk of clogging of the pores. Avoid applying oil to your hair for a while, as this may also aggravate the condition.
- Local application of tea tree oil is very useful to fight acne and pimples. Tea tree oil has strong anti- microbial properties which is beneficial to fight acne. Further, tea tree oil also prevents the formation of deep scars.
- Healthy diet is the key. Ensure intake of foods rich in vitamins especially vitamin C and vitamin A. Vitamin C helps promote natural immunity and prevent bacterial infection on the skin while vitamin A is essential for healthy skin.
- Homeopathic drug Sulphur is very potent in management of skin aliments including pimples, which are not infected. If your pimples are infected, Silicea is recommended. These medications need to be taken as per doctor’s advice and should be repeated as recommended.
If you suffer from persistent and recurrent episodes of neck acne or pimples it is recommended that you consult your dermatologist. It is possible that there could be some other internal pathology that may be causing the condition.