No one likes to have loose skin. As a person ages, his skin begins to wrinkle and sag. It is a natural physiological phenomenon that no one can resist or deny. However, there are many factors that can make your skin to appear loose and saggy at an early age. Such factors include rapid weight loss, dehydration, malnutrition, smoking, excessive sun exposure and environmental pollution.
Skin becomes loose when its elasticity is lost. People spend lot of money for buying over the counter skin tightening creams and lotions. There are many home remedies and natural ways which are ideal for making the skin tight, fresh and rejuvenated.
Home Remedies To Tighten Loose Skin
- Egg white and lemon juice: separate egg white from the yellow yolk. Collect it in a separate bowl. Add one teaspoon of lemon juice to it and beat it consistently till you see lot of foam and the mixture becoming light. Now apply this foamy mixture over the skin with a brush or with your fingers. Let it remain for 10 to15 minutes after which wash the area with tepid water. Gently pat dry your skin with a clean towel. You will experience a surprising change; your loose skin has become taut and shiny.
- Vitamin E, milk, and honey: in a bowl add 4 table spoons of milk. Now break one vitamin E capsule and pour the liquid in the bowl. Add few drops of honey to the two ingredients. Mix all the content till it forms a homogenous solution. Apply the prepared mixture on the loose skin surface. Let the mixture remain for 20 minutes on the skin. Wash it with cold water after that. This application will make the skin pores tight and the skin more supple, smooth and tauter.
- Sugarcane juice: apply fresh sugarcane juice over the loose skin area.
- Rose oil: rose oil is used since centuries to prevent skin aging. Mix one teaspoon of rose oil in a cup of water and spray it on your skin.
Natural Ways To Prevent Skin Loosening
- Do not be overenthusiastic in losing your weight too quickly. This will make your skin loose and saggy. It is ideal to lose your weight 1 to 2 kg per month. Avoid crash diet and too much of exercise as you may lose muscles and fat as well.
- Stay well hydrated: if you remain well hydrated, your skin elasticity remains intact. The moisture content of the skin is preserved which in turn maintains god elasticity.
- Eat healthy food: eating healthy food keeps your skin smooth and firm. Healthy food such as fruits and vegetables contain antioxidants which play an important role in maintaining skin strength and firmness. Eat fish; it contains omega 3 fatty acid which is supposed to improve the elasticity of skin. Include foods that contain vitamin A in your diet. Vitamin A is required to repair the damaged skin tissue on a regular basis. Eggs, liver, carrots, etc are rich source of this vitamin.
- Take regular care of your skin: do not neglect your skin but instead nourish it regularly to keep it taut. Exfoliate your skin to remove the dead skin cells. It also increases the circulation in the skin cells. Avoid soaps and shampoos which contain harsh chemicals that may affect your skin.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure. Too much of sunlight over the skin for a long period of time may be a reason for forming skin wrinkles, especially on the face.
- When you swim in chlorinated water, always take bath with plain water and apply soap all over the body to remove chlorine.