People, especially women prefer to have their facial skin as soft as silk and as smooth as alabaster (marble). Unfortunately, large pores on face become a spoil sport in enhancement of their beauty. Having said this, large pores on face are not limited only to women; men also suffer from this annoying condition. Large pores on face may not be a serious health problem, but it definitely provides suitable environment for bacteria to breed and form acne and pimples. It also makes your face oilier and sweaty.
Although there is no permanent way to reduce the large facial skin pores, there are several natural ways to camouflage them and make them less apparent.
What Causes Large Pores On Face?
Pores are essential part of the skin. They keep the skin moist and well hydrated. They are the opening for oil glands. Skin pores are equally distributed throughout the skin. However, in some areas they are dense in number such as the facial T-zone. T-zone represents the side of nose, chin and forehead. The pores become enlarged and dilated when oil gland gets clogged. Certain predisposing factors responsible for it are:
- Age: As the person ages, the skin loses its elasticity and smoothness. Due to this the pores appear larger than normal.
- Genetics: Enlarged facial skin pores have genetic relation too. If your father or mother has enlarged facial pores, you may also have the risk of having enlarged facial pores.
- Sun damage: Too much exposure to sunlight can have a damaging effect on the skin. Your face remains the most exposed area of the body.
- In some individuals there is excessive production of oil. For example during puberty as a result of hormonal changes. Too much of oil production can make the skin pores to become large in size.
- Dust, pollution and tension ridden life can play havoc with your facial skin. It can clog the pores, block the oil gland and make them large in size.
Home Remedies For Large Pores On Face
Your facial skin needs pampering. Taking care of your facial skin should be routine, rather than management by crisis. Once the skin pores become enlarged in size, they cannot come back to its normal permanently. However, with certain good habits, home remedies and skin care tips it is possible to make them less visible.
- Wash and keep your face clean as frequently as possible. Regular washing keeps your face clean. It also washes off excess of oil from the facial pores. And at the same time dust particles and bacteria on the surface of skin also gets washed off.
- Wash your face with products containing vitamin C. Vitamin C is food for skin. It maintains the elasticity of skin as it increases the collagen content of skin.
- Homemade scrubs are also useful as they reduce the size of pores.
- Prepare almond paste and apply it on your face. Wash it after 15 minutes. Wash your face with warm water. After that apply witch hazel on your face. You can also rinse your face with diluted solution of apple cider vinegar mixed in water.
- To shrink the facial pores, massage your face with buttermilk. Add sea salt to it. It is an effective way to reduce the appearance of large pores.
- You can also shrink the size of pores by applying orange juice. The citric content of orange juice removes dead skin cell. Wash your face with warm water after that.