Groin also referred to as the pubic area, is the area located between the inner thighs. Dark groin area can be cause of embarrassment, especially for women wearing bikini. While this condition is natural, there are a host of factors which contribute to darkening of this surface of the skin.
Dark groin area is common especially among certain races namely African Americans, due to genetic factors. However there are a host of other causative factors which are known to contribute to it,
- Regular shaving can result in darkening of the skin.
- Constant friction between folds of skin, especially among obese individuals is a causative factor.
- Excessive sweating around the pubic region can lead to accumulation of dead cells in the region. This coupled with poor hygiene can lead to skin infections, further aggravating the discoloration.
- Overexposure to sun can also lead to darkening of the groin skin, especially among women.
Natural Ways To Whiten Groin Area
Here are some simple natural ways and home based remedies to whiten the groin area,
- Lemon juice comprises of citric acid which helps remove dead cells and acts as natural bleach. Lemon juice can be applied along with other bases like milk powder or almond oil which have a soothing effect on the skin.
- Turmeric powder mixed with grated cucumber or lime juice can help in whitening of the skin. Turmeric is loaded with antioxidants, which help improve skin tone while lime juice/cucumber help remove dead cell debris.
- Mint leaves are also known to improve the skin tone. Emulsifying mint leaves in base oil like almond or walnut oil and applying them on to the skin is helpful. Almond and walnut oil are loaded with vitamin E which help improve the texture of the skin, while mint leaves help the pores open up and dislodge dead skin cells.
- Orange peel is also loaded with citric acid, which acts as a bleaching agent. Alternatively one can grind dried orange peels and add them to yoghurt and apply them on the pubic area. Yoghurt soothes the skin while orange peels help remove dead cells and promote the growth of new cells.
- Local application of Vitamin E, Vitamin C or Vitamin A containing oils is also very useful to lighten the skin by a couple of tones. Experts recommend the use of glutathione soaps to prevent darkening of the skin.
Preventing Dark Skin In Pubic Area
In addition to using these home remedies, there are certain tips that can help prevent darkening of the skin,
- Wearing loose fitted cloths and underwear prevents skin friction. Using cotton underwear helps in absorbing the sweat and prevents the accumulation of dead cells and bacteria.
- Avoid close shave around the pubic area. Alternatively opt for waxing or electrolysis. Use natural soaps, instead of scented or chemical soaps.
- Ensure that the diet is healthy and loaded with Vitamin A and Vitamin E. Both these vitamins are essential for a healthy and nourished skin.
- Drink at least three to four liters of water each day. Water helps flush out the toxins and keeps the skin hydrated and healthy.
- Especially when spending a day at the beach, use sun block with SPF 15 or higher.