Cystic acne is considered to be one of the worst forms of acne. The condition can lead to scarring and also disfigure the face. One of the leading causative factors for the formation of cystic acne is hormonal imbalance. It is very crucial to get yourself thoroughly evaluated by a dermatologist before trying home based treatment options for the management of cystic acne. This article provides information about cystic acne, its causes and symptoms and simple home based treatment options to get rid of the condition.
The skin comprises of several sebaceous glands which secrete natural oil which keeps the skin healthy and moisturized.
Eventually these sebaceous glands may get infected resulting in formation of pus. These pustular blocked sebaceous glands appear as red and inflamed nodules on the skin and are referred to as acne. Cystic acne is one of the more severe kinds of acne and can also lead to scarring of the face.
Causes And Symptoms Of Cystic Acne
While most experts suggest that cystic acne is primarily caused due to hormonal imbalance or fluctuation, which is frequently observed during puberty among adolescent and menstrual cycles among females. However there are a host of factors are associated with the formation of cystic acne,
- Inadequate skincare can be associated with excessive accumulation of dirt and dust on the skin, increasing the risk of blockage of the sebaceous glands.
- Allergies to certain types of foods can also increase the risk of skin inflammation and therefore risk of cystic acne.
- Hereditary is also considered to have a strong association, with acne more frequently observed in families.
Cystic Acne Symptoms
Cystic acne is associated with formation of large, inflamed, pustular nodules on the skin of the cheeks, nose, forehead and chin.
Cystic acne may be associated with frequent outbreaks of acne on the skin with a period of natural regression of the acne nodules.
Natural Remedies To Get Rid Of Cystic Acne
Here are some simple lifestyle tips and home remedies that can help in treatment of cystic acne and also minimize the frequency of future episodes,
- Having a healthy skin care regimen is very important. Cleanse your face in order to avoid exposure to dust and sweat. Use a natural face cleanser to avoid side effects associated with the use of chemical products.
- Local application of freshly squeezed lemon juice is considered to be very beneficial. Lemon juice is loaded with vitamin C which helps hasten the healing process and also acts as a natural skin cleanser.
- Local application of tea tree oil is also beneficial in treatment of acne. Tea tree oil has strong antibacterial properties, which helps fight bacterial infections that cause the inflammation and formation of the nodules.
- A healthy diet is a key to prevent recurrence of acne attacks. Include fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet and avoid trans fats, saturated fats, meat, spicy and oily foods.