Moles form the most common group of congenital skin affections. They are also called nevi in medical parlance. They can appear anywhere on the body surface, most commonly found on face, back, arms, armpits, legs and torso. Usually moles are brown or dark brown spots, sometimes even black in color. Their surface can be flat or rough and are generally round or oval in shape with a smooth edge.
Most individual has one or more mole on their body. If small in size and few in numbers they are often considered as beauty spots, but if they are too large and many in number, they become cosmetic blemishes which may warrant treatment.
Generally moles are harmless, but in rare cases they become malignant (melanoma, a type of skin cancer). A mole will undergo malignant change particularly if it is irritated by natural pressure, repeated trauma. When the mole bleeds repeatedly, becomes firm or darker, increases rapidly in size especially in a middle aged person, a melanoma should be suspected.
What Causes Moles On The Body?
Melanocytes are skin cells that produce melanin pigment which gives color to our skin. In normal circumstances, melanocytes are evenly distributed all over the skin. Moles form when the skin pigment cells (melanocytes) abnormally collect together to form a cluster at a particular spot on the skin.
Moles can appear since birth or they may develop later in life. Especially moles appear during 20’s and 30’s. As compared to dark skin individuals, moles are more common in fair skinned individuals. Generally moles are inherited; this means if your father or mother has moles, you may also have them.
Exposure to sunlight, changes in hormones during pregnancy and teenage life can change the size, shape, color and number of moles. They do not disappear spontaneously and may gradually fade of as the person grows older.
Natural Remedies To Remove Skin Moles
Before preparing for removing moles in a natural way, it is important to observe the size and color, whether it is bleeding on slightest touch etc.
In case if the mole is harmless and just a cosmetic blemish or a constant irritation on pressure sites such as hands or on beard or back, then you can resort for natural removal treatment. Following are the natural remedies that can help the removal of moles:
- Castor oil: it is safe and effective natural treatment to remove mole. Rub castor oil gently on the mole daily. After few days it becomes weak from its base falls of as a whole.
- Pineapple juice: apply fresh juice of pineapple in mole. After few days or months, the mole disappears.
- Coriander paste: grind coriander and prepare a paste out of it. Apply it on the mole and let it remain for a day. Next day wash the area with warm water follow it regularly. After few days the mole will disappear.
- Honey and flax seed oil: mix both in equal quantity. Apply it daily on the mole. After few days you will observe decrease in the size of mole.
- Garlic: grind few pieces of garlic till it forms homogeneous paste. Apply it on the mole and cover it with a bandage. Keep it over night. Next morning remove the bandage and clean the area. Following it regularly will reduce the size of mole and ultimately it will disappear after few applications.
- Drumstick: take few pods of drumstick and grind them until it forms paste. Add few drops of lemon juice to the paste and apply it on the mole. It is one of the effective natural mole removal remedy.