When hair follicles on the skin on our backs get clogged, it can lead to small dark bumps called blackheads. It is a mild type of acne and is a common disorder in countries like America. Blackheads on back usually appear at the age of 30 or above. Although blackheads are slightly raised they are not painful because they do not get inflamed like pimples.
The sebaceous gland inside the hair follicle on our back produces sebum, a type of oil, which keeps the skin soft. The oil and dead skin cells accumulate in the opening to the skin follicle and forms a bump called a comedone.
People tend to develop blackheads on back if their body produces too much sebum or if there is a buildup of the p. acnes bacteria on the skin. This might happen during teen years, when the body undergoes hormonal changes, or at the time of menstruation. Blackheads on back are also triggered by certain drugs, such as lithium, corticosteroids, or androgens or as an effect of taking birth control pills.
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Blackheads On The Back
Home remedies can check the spread of blackheads considerably. Some well-known home remedies to treat this disease include:
- Baking Soda: Baking soda helps in clearing the skin of accumulated dirt and oils. Add two teaspoons of baking soda to water and apply this paste on the back. This treatment can be carried out after every two or three days.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is an effective remedy to heal and prevent blackheads. Apply a paste of cinnamon and honey on the back and leave it overnight. Clean the area with normal water and resume work the next day.
- Lemon Juice: Lemon juice helps to remove blackheads effectively. This is because the vitamins and nutrients present in lemon can cleanse the skin of all its impurities.
- Green Tea: Green tea is also known to have great therapeutic effect on blackheads. Mix one teaspoon of dry green tea leaves with water and apply the paste on your back for a couple of minutes. This treatment can effectively unclog pores and cure blackheads fast.
- Honey: Honey is better known for its balancing quality on skin. So it can best be used to cure blackheads and give the skin a clear complexion. Apply pure honey on your back daily for about 10 minutes and do it for at least a month to see some positive effects.
- Oatmeal and yogurt: A mixture of yoghurt and oatmeal can keep the skin free of blackheads. Mix two tablespoons of oatmeal, with four tablespoons of yogurt, and apply it on the back for a few minutes. A week’s treatment can be good enough to cure the back of blackheads.
Blackheads can also be removed by manual treatment, chemical peels and laser and light therapy. However, home remedies must first be tried out as the cure is irreversible.