It is every woman’s dream to become pregnant or to conceive. Unfortunately, getting pregnant for some women may not be easy. It may take time for the final event to happen.
According to experts, at least 50 percent of women may conceive within six months if they do not use any contraceptive methods during intercourse and have intimate sexual relationship regularly. Out of the rest at least 30 percent may conceive in one year. The rest may take time to get pregnant in next one year. The chances of getting pregnant are promising when the couple is young and both the partners are in good health and they make love often, especially during those 5 to 6 fertile days.
Are you feeling frustrated and depressed as all your efforts to conceive are being wasted? Do not get impatient; try these home remedies and natural ways to increase the chance of conception, before rushing for costly medical infertility treatment.
Home Remedies To Get Pregnant Faster
- Relax, relax and relax: relaxed body and mind is one of the prerequisite when you are trying to become pregnant. Stress and strain can take toll on the sexual life of many couples. Loss of libido to more severe condition such as stoppage of menses can result with extreme stress. For this reason, do not think anything else and become care free when it comes to intimate sexual act. This suggestion is applicable for both men as well as women.
- If you are suffering from slightest vaginal infection or sexually transmitted disease, get it treated as soon as possible. If there is a history of ovarian cyst, fibroid etc then fix an appointment with your doctor.
- The most fertile period is 14th to 15th day after first day of last menstruation especially in woman whose menses is regular. Intercourse, between two to three days ahead and after these days can be promising for getting pregnant.
- Maintain healthy life style. Reduce your weight if you are overweight.
- Exercise regularly: exercise such as walking, swimming, gym exercises and even low intensity exercise such as yoga helps in releasing endorphins. Endorphins are chemicals that trigger the release of hormones which increase the blood flow to the genitals. This consequently increases arousal and person’s libido.
- Stop smoking and drinking excessive alcohol: smoking is known to harm the sperm count and its motility. Besides, abuse of alcohol can affect personal intimate relationship which is necessary when the couple is trying to conceive.
- Many women apply lubricants, gels and chemical suppositories in their vagina due to vaginal dryness and pain during intercourse. Avoid using them as they can be detrimental for the sperms to travel all the way up into the fallopian tube. If case of dryness of vagina, apply egg white which may not be harmful to the sperm as it is natural.
- Keep your testes cool by wearing loose undergarments. Excessive warmth around the testes can affect sperm count and its production.
- Place a pillow under the hips during the sexual act and after it for a period of 20 to 30 minutes. This prevents spilling and leakage of sperm from the vagina. For couples who are trying to conceive, missionary position during sexual act is the best position.
Diet And Herbs To Increase Chances Of Pregnancy
- Diet for becoming pregnant: eat foods that increase the chance of getting pregnant. Diet rich in iron, folic acid, calcium, magnesium and other essential vitamins and mineral improve the chance of pregnancy. Protein rich food such as beans, chickpeas, lentils, lean meat, eggs, etc is also beneficial. In addition eating dried fruits such as almonds, apricots, raisins, prunes etc also increases sexual performance in men as well as women.
- Chasteberry or vitex: it is known to balance female hormonal system. It is also known to initiate healthy ovulation among females. Chasteberry balances both female hormones namely progesterone and estrogen. This natural home remedy is essentially used by many women when they have irregular menstrual cycle and decreased ovulation.
- Siberian ginseng: these natural remedy is useful in balancing the hormones. It is also valuable in toning the muscles of uterus and enhancing the fertility. There is no concrete evidence, but people claim that Siberian ginseng also improves libido.
- Gingko biloba is another great remedy which is known to improve blood circulation around the genitals and thus help in increasing the chances of fertility.