Pregnancy is one of the most wonderful things that could happen in a woman. Still, not many are blessed with the ability to become pregnant right away. There are also those who are not yet ready to be pregnant but could be because of certain circumstances. Thus, there are those who would want to test very early to determine if she is pregnant or not.
- The pregnancy test often comes in the form of a test stick or strip. It will be dipped in urine or a sample is dropped at the sample well.
- Many women would want to know how early in the cycle can they test for pregnancy.
- Now, women have different cycles and even those who have the same cycle length could ovulate or could have gotten pregnant on different days. Thus, there is no definite right or wrong day to take a test.
- Women who keep track of their cycles are the ones that are most likely to detect a pregnancy very early on.
- Still, that is not a guarantee that they will get a positive test early.
- Well, there are those who have taken tests less than 10 days post ovulation (DPO) and gotten positive results.
- Still, it is important to understand that there is always a risk of getting false negatives when testing before the day that the period is due.
Pregnancy Test For Irregular Periods Or After Missed Period
- If the woman’s periods are irregular, the best day to do a pregnancy test is when other symptoms have been presented. For instance, if the woman suddenly experiences a bout of nausea or develops aversion to certain foods or scents.
- Some women who have irregular periods want to test every week just to make sure that they are not missing anything. That is alright as long as the test is not done daily.
Pregnancy test after a missed period
- Well, after the period is missed, the woman can pick any day to test.
- Often, the day of the missed period, the test would already come back positive.