Testicles are present in scrotum of a male body. The scrotum help to maintain an optimum temperature for sperm production which is about 2°F lower than the rest of the body. Because of being a protruded part of the body, testicles are sensitive structures and are susceptible to injury. Aside injury, testicles pain is a common occurrence due to other reasons and can be a source of great discomfort.
Pain may be felt either on the left or right testicle, or in some rare cases both. Most men are shy talking about left testicle pain.
Symptoms Pain In Left Testicle
Left testicle pain is accompanied with some unmistakable and highly pronounced symptoms. It often begins with a dull throbbing sensation accompanied with a growing sense of discomfort. This is followed by a mild pain which may degenerate progressively.
Sometimes, the pain is preceded with a bit of swelling. The swell may grow gradually to the point of becoming grotesque. At times, the left testicle may swell all of a sudden and become unbearably painful. The pain may get worse during the day when a person is busy with daily activities.
In severe cases, even the touch of clothing or bedclothes makes the pain all the more unbearable.
What Can Cause Left Testicle Pain
Left testicle pain is caused because of one of the following reasons:
- Damage of nerves triggered by prolonged diabetes.
- Hydrocele or accumulation of fluid that leads to swelling of the scrotum.
- Testicle injury caused by a blow to the testicles.
- Blood vessel inflammation
- Urinary tract infection
- Testicle inflammation
- Stones in the kidney
- Inflamed testicles
- Inguinal hernia
These are some of the common reasons, but there can be other severe reasons such as testicular torsion, testicle cancer, undescended testicle etc.
Men of any age may get afflicted by this syndrome because of any of the above mentioned reasons.
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Left Testicle Pain
If your left testicle pain is mild, you can always get it cured with handy home remedies. Some effective remedies include:
- Ice pack: Ice pack helps to reduce pain and swelling in any part of the body. The same applies for left testicle pain. Wrap ice cubes in a cloth or towel and apply it to the scrotum for 20 to 30 minutes. The pain will subside in quick time.
- Take a warm bath: Warm bath in a tub can be pretty helpful. It not only ameliorates the pain and swelling but also increases flow of blood to the left testicle.
- Add some lift: Lift the portion of the scrotum that contains the left testicle. You can also put a rolled towel under the scrotum to reduce the discomfort. If you are an avid sportsman, it is mandatory to use an athletic supporter to avert testicle injury.
If your left testicle pain persists even after undergoing the above mentioned treatments, you need to consult a doctor to identify the root cause of the affliction.