Description: Hepatitis C virus is one of the many viruses that is responsible for the inflammation of the liver. Epidemiological estimates suggest that almost 85% of all individuals infected by this virus tend to develop a chronic inflammation of the liver as they fail to eliminate the virus.
Almost about 75% of individuals infected with Hepatitis C virus don’t have any symptoms of the virus. The most common symptoms associated with the chronic inflammation of the liver include the symptoms of jaundice, loss of appetite, fatigue and muscle ache. Eventually chronic inflammation may be associated with persistent and increasing liver damage, which may eventually lead to liver cirrhosis.
Fortunately there are a host of natural home based treatments for the management of hepatitis.
What Is The Cause Of Hepatitis C?
Hepatitis C infection is caused primarily due to exposure to infected blood. Intravenous drug abusers are most prone to development of Hepatitis C infection. Though there is an equally high risk of transmission of Hepatitis C virus by sexual contact, the frequency of transmission through sexual contact compared to the other modes like blood transfusion has remained low.
In some cases, Hepatitis C virus is naturally eliminated through the liver, which in turn prevents the onset of symptoms like hepatitis and jaundice, however in most cases, the virus continues to infect the liver, which eventually results in chronic inflammation and liver damage.
Home Remedies For Hepatitis C Cure
Here are some home remedies that are considered to be beneficial in improving liver health and help in preventing symptoms associated with hepatitis. These remedies include the following,
- Lemon juice is considered to be beneficial in detoxification of the liver and improves overall immunity of the body. Consuming freshly squeezed lemon juice with raw honey is considered to be beneficial, as it aids in removal of toxins and virus from the liver and also concurrently enhances the natural immunity of the body.
- Dandelion root improves the flow bile and has a direct effect on the gall bladder and liver and helps in the management of liver congestion, hepatitis and other symptoms.
- Licorice extract is also considered beneficial in the management of symptoms associated with hepatitis. Licorice like Dandelion contains a host of anti-viral and antioxidant compounds which are beneficial for liver health.
- Herb milk thistle is considered beneficial as it promotes the growth of new liver cells and improves overall liver functions. Milk Thistle is beneficial in management of liver cirrhosis, which develops after chronic inflammation of the liver tissue.
Hepatitis C Treatment And Vitamins
Hepatitis treatment involves important dietary modifications in order to reduce the stress on the liver and hasten recovery. Some of the important aspects of Hepatitis C home treatment include,
- Increase the intake of fresh fruits or fruit juices. Consume boiled vegetables. These foods are rich in vitamins and minerals which are essential to hasten recovery.
- Vitamin K supplements are recommended in cases of hepatitis primarily since deficiency of the vitamin is observed in cases of hepatitis. Vitamin K is important to allow clotting of the blood.
- In a recent study conducted it was observed that viral hepatitis was associated with depletion in the levels of vitamin E in the body. Vitamin E supplements are known to reduce the destruction caused to the liver cells and prevent scarring.
Limit the intake of alcohol and oily and fatty foods. These foods put extra strain on the liver which increases the risk of complications like liver cirrhosis.