Pimples may appear anywhere in the body and nipples are no exception. Though they are painless, spotting them in an unusual place like the nipple may trigger panic. Pimple in nipples can appear at any age, but are commonly seen at the time of puberty or during menses.
Pimples in nipples are caused by a number of reasons. Some of these include:
- Acne: Acne may trigger pimples on nipples. If a hair follicle on the breast gets clogged with dirt, oil and dead skin cells, it may lead to a pimple.
- Yeast infection: Like armpit and groin, breasts tend to sweat thus making it susceptible to fungal infection like growth of yeast.
- Improper skin care: If dirt is allowed to accumulate on the skin because of unhygienic living conditions you may develop pimples.
Other possible reasons include, leading a sedentary lifestyle, undertaking lot of stress, indigestion problems, formation of milk blisters, and enlargement of the Montgomery gland.
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Pimple On Nipple
- Pimples on nipples can be eliminated by identifying the root cause. If the pimple is caused due to acne, it can be healed by washing the area with a mild cleanser and applying an acne cream. This should be done thrice a day.
- If the pimples are caused due to Montgomery glands, you just need to wash the area regularly with warm water.
- Likewise, pimples formed due to yeast infection in the skin folds can be healed by regular cleaning and applying ginger juice several times a day.
- Yet another good home remedy is cucumber. Applying grated cucumber for three to four times a day can also cure pimples on nipples. An alternative to this is applying grounded orange or lemon mixed with water on the pimple on the nipple at least three times daily.
- Furthermore, women prone to pimples need to consume less sugar and take lot more foods rich in probiotics.
As a caveat it must be added that a pimple on the nipple can be a sign of a serious underlying disease like cysts, mastitis, or fibroids. If the pimple doesn’t disappear after mild treatments it’s important to consult a physician