How To Prevent Hair Loss In Women: Causes And Natural Home Remedies

Hair loss is a great cosmetic concern for a woman when she finds bunch of hairs after shampooing or combing her hairs. Growing problem of hair loss, its treatment and preventive measures is a buzzword among dermatologists and trichologists. Women facing the problem of hair loss try all the means and resources available to prevent it.

Before going any further, let us know what the causes of hair loss are in general and women in particular. This understanding will make easy for a woman to cope with her hair loss problem. Excessive hair loss is definitely a grave concern as it not only affects the cosmetic outlook of a person but it also affects his or her psychological state of mind.

It takes almost 2 to 3 years for the hair to grow its full length. In a year, the hair grows on an average 6 to 8 inches.

What Causes Hair Loss In Women?

At a given time 90 percent of hairs on the scalp are in growing phase, the remaining 10 percent are in resting phase. After 3 months, the resting hairs will fall off and new hairs will offshoot in their place. So few strands of hair loss is considered normal physiological process, however excessive hair loss can be due to following reasons:

  • Hair loss after pregnancy.
  • Thyroid disease.
  • Anemia.
  • Polycystic ovarian disease.
  • Seborrheic dermatitis.
  • Fungal infection of scalp.
  • Certain autoimmune disease.
  • Use of birth control pills.
  • Autoimmune diseases.
  • Diabetes.
  • Certain medications.
  • Frequent use of tight hair rollers, common among women.
  • Applying dyes and chemicals which may permanently damage the hair follicles.

Prevention Of Hair Loss In Women

There are several ways for women to prevent hair loss or at least reduce the amount of falling hairs.

  • Use natural products and herbs instead of chemicals on hairs.
  • Just relax and reduce your stress, as it has been known to increase hair loss.
  • Excessive and frequent use of hair dryers and curls will damage the hair roots.
    It can lead to permanent hair loss and scarring.
  • Consumption of alcohol and tobacco may have negative effect on hair growth.
  • To strengthen hair roots, take dairy products that contain enough calcium. Calcium from milk can be easily available.
  • Keep your body fit and exercise regularly so that you can maintain high immune level and prevent any germs from invading your body. Thus reducing chances of disease and hair fall.
  • Avoid shampoos, soaps, and conditioners that contain hair damaging chemicals.
  • Do not dry your hairs in a harsh way as your hairs can break.
  • Massage your scalp in a gentle manner to increase blood circulation in the scalp.

How To Reverse Hair Loss In Women?

  • Eat a well balanced diet. It will help to strengthen the hair roots. Eat protein rich foods.
  • Correct anemia if present by taking supplemental iron and iron rich food.
  • Take adequate amount of vitamin rich food that also contains zinc, as zinc is necessary for preventing hair loss.
  • Premature baldness and hair loss can be reversed if nutritional deficiencies are corrected.
  • Hormone replacement therapy to reverse the hair loss, as in case of menopausal hair loss.
  • Lastly the newer technique of reversal of hair loss is hair transplant surgery.
  • Ask your physician for a substitute if certain medications are responsible for hair loss.

 Natural Remedies For Hair Loss In Women

  • Keep your hairs loose and free. Avoid pony tail especially a tight one.
  • Use shampoos and conditioners that are enriched with proteins and amino acids. Protein is considered as a building block for thick and strong hairs.
  • Eat foods such as eggs, beans, meat and fish that are rich in protein.
  • One of the easiest natural home remedy for preventing hair loss and enhancing its growth is use of Indian gooseberry juice and lime juice in your shampoo. Mix two teaspoons of both the juices to the shampoo or gently massage the juice over your scalp and later wash your hair with natural shampoo.
  • Use of castor oil or coconut oil regularly also prevents hair loss.
  • Applying almond oil to your scalp is also a great natural way to prevent hair loss.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*