Blackstrap molasses is dark viscous liquid. This is the residual product which remains after maximum extraction of refined sugar from the raw sugarcane. It is made from the third boiling of the sugar syrup. It contains significant amount of vitamin B6. It is also a rich source of minerals like iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium, copper, selenium and manganese. It also contains vitamins C and E.
Beautiful, thick, lustrous hair is an indication our good health. Blackstrap molasses when taken internally or when used externally is extremely beneficial for the growth of hair as well as to combat grey hair.
Practically every one of us experience hair loss or thinning of hair over the period of years due to stress, hormonal changes, improper diet, pollution and diseases. Blackstrap molasses contain many nutrients, vitamins and minerals that are necessary for good growth of hair. All these nutrients work hand in hand to improve our general health.
Blackstrap molasses contain good amount of copper. Your 14% of copper requirement is fulfilled if you take two teaspoons of blackstrap molasses. Copper helps in production of hair and melanin. Thus it improves hair growth and greying of hair is reduced over the period of time. It stimulates the hair growth and revitalizes the existing hair. It replaces aged hair with new youthful hair over the period of time. It will take few months to see the results.
How To Use Blackstrap Molasses For Grey Hair
- Blackstrap molasses is a health food. It is advised that one may take one tablespoon of blackstrap molasses preferably in the morning as it gives good energy to start your day.
- Add two teaspoons of blackstrap molasses to your diet for the period of at least 3 to 6 months to see the results in your hair growth.
- Apply blackstrap molasses to your scalp directly and keep it for one hour and then wash your hair. It will stimulate the glands of the scalp and provide nourishment. It improves the blood circulation of the scalp.
- Another method of applying blackstrap molasses to the scalp is, mix two parts of olive oil with one part of blackstrap molasses and then apply the mixture to the scalp till the ends of hair. Keep it for fifteen minutes and then wash your hair as usual. Vitamin E in it will make your hair shiny, soft and smooth.
- Avoid junk food. Healthy diet and healthy lifestyle is the key to combat and prevent any health problem.