Hair is considered to be a beauty asset especially for women. Everyone wants to posses thick, long and shiny hairs. It enhances men’s personality and women’s beauty. People in ancient days used to take care of their hairs in the same way as we all take care of it today.
Unfortunately, hair loss, premature graying, has become a real concern in modern times. Environmental pollution, nutritional deficiency and dietary changes have played a great role in hair damage. However, nature seems to take care of everything that lives on earth, and for this reason it has Amla in its basket.
Benefits Of Amla For Hair Loss Treatment
Amla is an Indian name of the fruit whose botanical name is Indian gooseberry. It is an edible fruit which grows on a medium sized deciduous tree having the same name. The amla fruit is just like a ping pong ball in shape. It is light green in color, smooth and has six to seven vertical stripes. Amla (Indian gooseberry) is slightly sour and bitter in taste. It is used in variety of forms, as pickle or in dried powder form.
There are several medicinal benefits of amla fruit. Amla is renowned for its potent antioxidant properties. It is a rich source of vitamin C. One of the vitamin C deficiency symptoms is dry and brittle hair which may ultimately result into hair fall. However, the antioxidant properties present in Amla fruit helps to protect the hair from environmental damage. It also strengthens the hair roots and prevents premature hair fall.
Amla fruit when incorporated in diet nourishes the hairs internally.
How To Use Indian Gooseberry For Hair Growth?
There are several ways to use Amla or Indian gooseberry for treating several hair problems such as hair loss, premature graying, and even for dandruff cure.
Let us begin with amla dry powder:
- Take ½ cup of dried amla powder.
- Take ¼ cup of water.
- Mix both the ingredients till it forms a smooth paste.
- Apply the prepared paste on scalp as well as on the hair.
- Gently massage your scalp with fingertips in circular motion.
- Allow the paste to remain on hair and scalp for 15 to 20 minutes.
- You can wear a shower cap during this period.
- After 15 minutes, remove the cap and rinse your hairs with water until all powder has been removed.
- Follow this hair fall treatment after every two weeks.
How To Prepare Amla Hair Oil At Home?
Amla hair oil is available in departmental stores as well as in herbal stores. Also you can prepare Amla hair oil at home.
- Cut few fresh amla (Indian gooseberry) fruits and dry them for few days in shade.
- Once they are dried, boil them in coconut oil or olive oil. The oil should become thick and dark.
- Cool the oil and collect it in a bottle.
- Apply this oil on the scalp and on the hairs daily at night or two times in a week.
- After applying amla hair oil, massage the scalp and hairs. Massage helps to improve blood circulation to the hair roots thus making them strong and prevent hair fall. Massage also removes dry scalp flakes, opens the pores and increases the secretion of natural oil in the scalp which nourishes the hair roots.
- It is always beneficial to apply amla hair oil soon after washing your hairs. This will help to retain moisture in the scalp and hairs.