In current times, more and more couples are seeking counselling for conceiving a baby. The stress, competition, fatigue, excess work hours and tremendous workload directly affect the physical and mental state of any individual, and on a bigger level, fertility levels of the couples. It has been proved in studies that high level of strain and fatigue affects the fertility abilities of the human body adversely.
Yoga in such situations can work as a great way to calm the body and mind, boost the fertility levels and create a body ideal for child bearing.
It is seen that low fertility levels further add on to stress, guilt, and anxiety which further deteriorate fertility. This in turn lowers the chances of conceiving. Though yoga does not guarantee conceiving, it surely calms down the body and the mind.
Yoga helps in body flexibility and raises the health quotient. This in turn improves the chances of conceiving. By increasing the health quotient of the body, yoga can also prepare the body for healthy child bearing.
How Does Yoga Increase Fertility?
There are certain key yoga postures that can help create a positive effect on the endocrine and reproductive systems. Endocrine manages the hormonal balance of the body. Proper functioning of the endocrine system is essential for improving fertility levels.
Apart from fertility, yoga helps the body to maintain levels of homeostasis which is very essential for a healthy body.
The benefits include the following pointers:
- It improves the functioning and circulation of the reproductive system.
- It helps in improving the endocrine system which in turn restores hormonal balance in the body.
- It detoxifies the body thereby enhancing immunity.
- Yoga can clear blockages, if any, in the reproductive system.
- Yoga is proved to be a destressor as it soothes and calms the mind.
- It increases chances of conceiving a healthy child.
Yoga Postures For Fertility And Conception
There are certain yoga postures that can raise the fertility levels. Some of them are-
- Bee breath posture: This posture is beneficial for instant relief from stress, fatigue, anger, tension and any anxiety. Since a relaxed mind and body has a higher fertility level, it is advisable to perform bee breath posture.
- Alternate nostril breathing: This type of breathing relaxes mind and takes off the pressure and stress. It also helps cleanse the energy channels and help detoxify the mind. Alternate nostril breathing leads to refreshing the mind and body.
- Standing forward bend: This posture is beneficial for relaxing the muscles and channelizing the blood supply to the pelvic region and nervous system. It also helps ease off the pressure on abdomen and increases spine flexibility.
- Seated forward bend: This posture is beneficial in many ways. It implies stretched lower back, allowing to get rid of tensions and depression. Uterus and ovaries get energy boost which is very important for conceiving.
- Butterfly pose: In this pose, inner thighs, knees and groin get stretched which leads to increased flexibility.
- Legs up wall pose: In this asana, legs are stretched up against the wall which improves blood supply to the pelvic region. Also this pose relieves the pressure and strain on the legs.
- Meditation: It can help focus on the necessary things and calm the mind and body. Meditation can help boosting up the positive approach in couples.