Health experts often suggest that exercise for about thirty minutes five times a week is considered beneficial to ensure a healthy life. However, the benefits of regular exercise extend beyond having a healthy body and contribute significantly to the mental and social domains. Performing exercise correctly has several health benefits which range from aiding in weight loss and toning the muscles to enhancing self confidence and improving mental functions.
Benefits Of Exercise For Physical Health
Some of the key physical benefits of regular exercise include,
- Regular exercise aids in burning down fat in the body and contributes significantly to weight loss.
- Regular exercise is considered to elevate the energy levels of an individual which in turn helps him perform effectively. Exercise contributes significantly to improving skill and agility of an individual.
- Exercise helps protect the body form injuries as it increases overall flexibility and muscular strength. However exercise should be performed correctly in order to prevent injuries during training.
- Exercise is known to improve neuromuscular coordination and contributes towards developing a stronger skeletal structure.
- Exercise enhances the immune system and also improves various digestive and gastro-intestinal functions.
- Exercise is considered to be beneficial in management of a wide range of ailments which include cardiovascular disease, diabetes, hypertension, etc.
- Some experts believe that exercise can also reduce the risk of development of certain types of cancers.
Mental Psychological Benefits Of Exercise
Exercise helps improve the blood circulation across the body, including the brain tissues. This is in turn helps improve a wide range of mental functions. Further, regular exercise stimulates the production of certain hormones, which are also considered responsible to impact mood and cognitive abilities of an individual. Some of the common recorded advantages of exercise include,
- Enhances memory and improves concentration.
- Stimulates the production of endorphins which in turn is considered to be beneficial in inducing mental relaxation and thereby helps in effective management of stress and depression.
- Enhances self confidence and mental agility.
- Several anger management experts have suggested that exercise can play a crucial role in controlling bad temper and is considered vital for anger management.
- Exercise promotes better sleep, which is essential for normal functioning of the brain.
Social Benefits Of Exercise
Regular Exercise has several social and psychological benefits, which not only improve the self-image of the individual, but also enhancing image perception by peers, family and the society in general. Some of the key advantages of exercise include,
- Exercises helps reduce anxiety and helps cope up with problems like stage fright, etc.
- Exercise enhances an individual’s self image which in turn helps him cope rationally with social and family pressures.
- The overall outlook towards life can be redefined by exercise. An individual who exercises regular are much more calm and composed which in turn improves makes him feel better about his life.