It’s a partying time; you have been promoted by your boss! You celebrate it with your wife with a dinner at your favorite restaurant. Unfortunately while on the way home, you have a feeling of stomach upset. You start blaming yourself for eating too much of those relishing dishes, and now you anticipate a painful night, with gases and heartburn.
Stomach upset can happen to anyone and at anytime. Overeating, eating unhealthy food or adulterated food, excess of oily and spicy food, eating junk food are some of the common leading causes for an upset stomach.
Natural Cure For Stomach Upset
Here are some of the natural cures and home remedies that can relieve your stomach upset.
- Hot water bottle: pour some warm water in the hot water bag and keep it on your stomach. The soothing heat of warm water will help to improve the circulation and the digestive process. Besides it will also soothe the stomach muscles.
- Stop or at least reduce eating foods that aggravate your problem, such foods include: oily and fried food, excess of pepper and spicy food, limit certain foods that can cause gas such as cauliflower, cabbage, broccoli, beans and lentils. Also avoid chocolate, onion, milk, coffee when you have upset stomach.
- Moderate eating: Do not stuff your stomach; keep a little empty space at the end, as overeating can be a cause of indigestion.
Home Remedies For Upset Stomach And Diarrhea
Some of the home remedies that can help to relieve stomach upset:
- Ginger: it can prove to be a magic bullet when you suffer from stomach trouble. Ginger aids in digestion, and due to its anti inflammatory property it also eases stomach pains. You can take it as ginger tea or ginger ale. You can also chew a piece of fresh ginger.
- Coconut water: it is an excellent remedy when you have gastritis and heartburn. Coconut water gives the stomach the needed rest as well as it provides minerals and vitamins.
- Apple and pomegranate juice: in case of diarrhea, eating apple as a whole or apple juice will stop the diarrhea. The juice of pomegranate juice will also help to relieve the symptoms.
- Chamomile tea: it not only eases your stomach pain, but also calms your nerves. If you finding difficulty to sleep due to constant stomach cramps after a heavy meal, chamomile tea is what you need the most. To increase its flavor, you can add few drops of fresh lemon to the tea.
- Mint tea: drinking fresh mint tea helps to relieve nausea and vomiting sensation. To prepare mint tea, boil few mint leaves in water. Strain the tea and drink it when it is warm.
- Caraway and fennel seeds: they both are great home remedies for indigestion and gases. You can take it as a tea or simply chew the seeds.
- Cinnamon tea: The spice cinnamon is a great stomach upset trouble shooter. Besides the soothing action on the digestive tract, cinnamon also helps in fighting the E. coli bacteria in the stomach.