Tea tree oil is a well known natural anti-microbial product. It is produced by processing tea tree leaves and extracting the oil from them. It is a light-colored oil with a slight yellow tinge and an aromatic smell that has been described as being similar to the scent of nutmeg.
Its many health benefits have made it one of the most popular natural treatments with uses that range from acne treatment to hair care.
Below are some of the well-known tea tree oil benefits:
- It has Antiseptic Properties.
- It is known to be an antifungal agent.
- It is said to have anti-inflammatory properties.
- It has been shown to help speed up skin healing.
- The oil also seems to have immune stimulating properties that can help the body fight of infections better.
The oil is also said to have a very low potential for causing skin allergies. However, it is still important to watch out for an allergic reaction during the first 24 to 48 hours of using the oil. When any reaction is observed, use should be stopped and patients need to seek medical advice before using the oil again.
Tea Tree Oil Benefits for Hair
Aside from its many health benefits, Tea Tree Oil is also beneficial to hair. Some of the most common uses of the oil include:
- Natural Cuticle Coat.
- It Can be Warmed and Mixed Together With Another Oil and Used in Hot Oil Treatments.
- It encourages hair re-growth.
The exact cause of why Tea Tree Oil helps hair grow back is not known. However, it has been associated with the oil’s antifungal properties and it may have the same effect as how antifungal shampoos reduce scalp inflammation and cause thinning hair to grow back.
Following are the Benefits of Tea Tree Oil on Skin
Tea Tree Oil has a lot of benefits for the skin and this can include antimicrobial and quick wound healing properties.
- The oil helps reduce inflammation of the skin.
- It helps promote skin healing. It may help prevent the appearance of very noticeable scars.
- It can fight the P. Acnes bacteria which is a main causative agent of Acne Vulgaris.
Fungal and Bacterial Infections
- Skin infections are common and tea tree oil has shown promise in dealing with boils and fungal infections of the skin.
- It has also shown promise in the treatment of fungal problems.