A kidney stone may form because of a range of reasons. Some are at a greater risk of developing kidney stones than others; this may be due to heredity, certain systemic disorders, or medicines that they may be taking. Certain foods you consume or a lack of sufficient fluids in the body also trigger the formation of kidney stones.
Kidneys filter noxious waste and salts from our body. When excessive amounts of a certain type of waste accumulates, the kidneys may not be able to function as before, thus, those wastes form crystal-like substances which commence the development of kidney stones.
The kidneys are joined to the urinary bladder, and convey all waste in the form of urine; the stones frequently try to pass through to the bladder. The ureters connecting the kidneys to the bladder are small, so when a stone enters the ureter it causes excruciating pain and bleeding.
Earlier it was believed that only laser therapy could help get rid of kidney stones. The laser beams break up the stones and they tend to pass out; however, nowadays, there are a host of other therapies that help eliminate kidney stones, eating the right diet, incorporating the correct foods, homeopathy and Ayurveda.
Natural Remedies To Dissolve Kidney Stones
- Drinking plenty of water is a must in order to treat kidney stones successfully. Water flushes out wastes and stones effectively. It will help excrete out tiny stones or stone fragments and also aid in the prevention of development of more stones. You need to drink 3 to 4 liters of water daily.
- Experts say, you may take milk, cottage cheese, cheese, yogurt and green leafy vegetables; however, avoid taking calcium supplements. Also, some health care professional may ask you to decrease your intake of calcium rich foods.
- Avoid foods loaded with oxalates as well – berries, peanuts, grapes, chocolate, dark leafy green vegetables and coffee.
- Large amounts of salt can make you lose more calcium in the urine, thus, the doctor may warn against having too much salt in the diet.
- Citrus fruits such as limes and oranges are known to protect against kidney stones given that they contain citrate. Citrate helps stop crystals from building up and growing in to kidney stones. On the other hand, citrus is rather beneficial in preventing calcium oxalate stones and uric acid stones, but, they may be injurious to those individuals who have calcium phosphate kidney stones.
- Moderate intake of coffee, tea, beer and wine may protect against stone formation; nonetheless, do confer with your health care professional. In case he feels these may be harmful for you, you must avoid them.
What To Take To Dissolve Kidney Stones?
- Limes: limes and lemons are excellent for kidney stones remedy. These help break up tiny stones easily; whereas bigger stones also get dissolved but take a while. Citric acid present in these fruits are effective for renal stones. Have at least 2 to 3 glasses of lime water every day.
- Herbal tea: herbal teas, such as, lemon grass tea, mint tea and curry leaves tea has been proved to e effective for kidney calculi. These sluice put toxins and wastes and are exceedingly beneficial for kidney stones.