Vinegar is derived from fermentation. Sugars present in a food are broken down by bacteria and yeast. In the initial phase of fermentation, sugar gets converted into alcohol. Then, the alcohol is subjected to further fermentation, and vinegar is obtained. Vinegar means ‘sour wine’ in French. Apple cider vinegar is made from pulverized apples. It contains fruit acid, minerals, vitamins, and amino acids.
Since centuries, vinegar has been used for innumerable things: killing weeds, to make pickles, cleaning coffee makers, and in salad dressings. It is also a very old folk remedy that has been touted to alleviate just about any ailment.
How To Take Apple Cider Vinegar For Gas Relief?
- Opt for raw or organic apple cider vinegar. Organic apple cider vinegar is synthesized from organically grown apples without any lethal toxins and it helps reinforce the immune system.
- Apple cider vinegar functions like a digestive enzyme when taken with meals; and helps digest food better, battles and prevents constipation and reduces gas formation.
- Some advice drinking diluted apple cider vinegar half an hour prior to or after eating. Apple cider vinegar will help maintain the pH balance of the stomach so that food gets effectively broken down during the process of digestion.
- Experts as well as those who have been using apple cider vinegar regularly say that 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar should be mixed in a cup of water or juice and have once daily. A 285 milligrams tablet is another commonly prescribed dosage.
- If you do not like the taste of apple cider vinegar, blend it with apple juice or grape juice to sweeten the taste.
Benefits Of Apple Cider Vinegar For Gas And Bloating
The health benefits of apple cider vinegar are countless; it helps manage diabetes, reduce weight and fight obesity, allay skin ailments and treat gastrointestinal disorders.
- Apple cider vinegar treats a host of digestive derangement. It helps control the symptoms of gas and flatulence and provides quick relief.
- Apple cider vinegar contains several enzymes, pectin, acetic acid and potassium, which allegedly reduce gas and related digestive trouble.
- Apple cider vinegar perks up digestion, prevents constipation, (a primary cause of gas), and decreases abdominal bloating and discomfort successfully. It helps diminish abdominal pain and cramps and facilitates good digestion and assimilation.
- Apple cider vinegar is recommended especially for those who are prone to gastric derangement and flatulence. Have a glass of apple cider vinegar when you know you will be having a heavy and greasy meal which can be rather difficult to digest.
- Drinking diluted apple cider vinegar to manage gas will not cause any harm. On the other hand, apple cider vinegar is known to get in the way with drugs such as diuretics and oral hypoglycemic agents and may also cause throat and stomach irritation. Hence, it is advisable to confer with your health care professional in case you will be consuming it as a home remedy on a frequent basis; and more so if you are on to any kind of medication.